Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 129

Thread: Gas prices next step?

  1. #101
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunTzu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regulation sounds fine but let's regulate other things as well .
    Let's regulate Wendy's , the 99 cent Jr. Bacon is now 1.19 . Regulate the pig-tailed red-headed girl .

    I paid $80 today for the same Goodyear tire I bought last year for $65 . Goodyear needs to be regulated .

    Freakin' Nike keeps raising my teenies prices so let's regulate the swoosh while were at it . </div></div>

    You like living in a bottle...it's OK with me.

  2. #102
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I don't think many on this board remember the long gas lines of the 70's and regulating prices. I remember them well.

  3. #103
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    Are you not tired of paying more for anything other than gas Spuds ? Regulation can cure these .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #104
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I remember the even and odds and lines in BSG .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  5. #105
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunTzu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you not tired of paying more for anything other than gas Spuds ? Regulation can cure these . </div></div>
    This is really the only thing that hops around this much and the jacking of prices and company profits are huge. Yeah, this is probably one of the few things that are a bottleneck to this counrty.

  6. #106
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    Gov. Mike Easley today declared a state of "abnormal market disruption" and told the Attorney General's office to enforce the state's price-gouging statute as Hurricane Ike bears down on the Gulf coast refineries.

    More like the state of confusion there Mike .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  7. #107
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    State of Con-screw-sion, would be closer to the truth. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #108
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunTzu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember the even and odds and lines in BSG . </div></div>
    Did Riggs "Black Diamond" stations ever run out of fuel? They always gas when others didn't.

  9. #109
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    Yep, I remember pulling into Buck & Gene's gas station in Appy one night to get gas. My tag # ended in an odd number and it was an odd numbered day. However, it was close to midnight (like 2 minutes til) and the attendant tried to tell me it was past midnight and refused to pump the gas. Well I had him to call the "time of day" # and he did. Needless to say, I got my gas.

  10. #110
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I work in the business, and will leave it at that for now....

    Riggs has no better chance of getting fuel than anyone else.

    Some factors that will play into who will run out last are:

    Rate of sale
    Size of storage tanks
    Level of fuel when shortage begin
    Does the local bulk plant have any product on hand?

    I remember Buck Maddox very well [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    I'm not sure about the other Food City's, but I know for sure that the one in BSG has about 5,000 87 octane on hand, they just aren't selling it until tomorrow.

    Speaking of rate of sale, we have a store near Wytheville that will do 15 to 18 thousand a day some days and they only have 12,00 gallons of storage. Yes it has to be filled twice a day sometimes. Average around here is probably 1,000 2,000 a day. That's way up right now though.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •